Two-alarm blaze damages Fairview home


All people and pets got out unhurt 

TOWN OF POUGHKEEPSIE – Fire of accidental origin raged through a home at 10 Miller Place in the Fairview Fire District of the Town of Poughkeepsie Thursday evening.
The two-alarm fire was called in around 6:09 p.m. as flames consumed the rear of the building.
There were no injuries to firefighters or occupants of the home. One individual and several pets were displaced by the fire, the cause of which was determined to be as a result of the failure of a piece of mechanical equipment.
The building will not be habitable for some time said Fire Chief Christopher Maeder.
Assisting Fairview firefighters at the scene were the City of Poughkeepsie, Arlington, and Roosevelt fire departments; town of Poughkeepsie Police, Water and Building departments; Central Hudson and the Dutchess County Department of Emergency Response. Roosevelt firefighters were on standby and responded to alarms while the incident was taking place.

Popular Stories