Family spends holiday at home thanks to ‘good save’ by firefighters

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on email
Email
Share on print
Print

MIDDLE HOPE – Firefighters spent Christmas Eve fighting a house fire in the Middle Hope area of the Town of Newburgh and because of their quick save, the family was able to spend the holiday at home.

The call at a home at 7 Fairview Lane was for a chimney fire. First responders found a heavy smoke condition and issued a second alarm.
Firefighters opened up and extinguished the fire and then had extensive overhaul operations.

“Thankfully for the residents this fireplace and chimney where outside on an enclosed patio so they still got to spend the night in their residence,” fire officials said in a Facebook post.