ALBANY – The City of Yonkers and Village of Wappingers Falls are among the six municipalities in the state that Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli has classified as having significant fiscal stress. The review covers fiscal year 2020.
The City of Yonkers and Village of Wappingers fall within the significant stress list based on data as of February 27, 2021 from annual financial reports submitted to the comptroller.
The Village of Millbrook is listed as being susceptible to fiscal stress.
The Fiscal Stress Monitoring System and resulting fiscal stress designations rely on data from annual financial reports submitted by local governments to the comptroller’s office.
The list included non-calendar fiscal year-end municipalities that did not file their annual fiscal reports.
They include the following villages:
- Bloomingburg, Sullivan County
- Buchanan, Westchester County
- Catskill, Greene County
- Chatham, Columbia County
- Ellenville, Ulster County
- Elmsford, Westchester County
- Fishkill, Dutchess
- Hunter, Greene
- Larchmont, Westchester
- Monticello, Sullivan County
- Mount Kisco, Westchester County
- Piermont, Rockland County
- Pomona, Rockland County
- Saugerties, Ulster County
- Sleepy Hollow, Westchester
- Spring Valley, Rockland County
- Washingtonville, Orange County