TOWN OF POUGHKEEPSIE – An explosion
from a propane gas leak in the basement area of a home at 7 Brady Place
in the Town of Poughkeepsie resulted in a blast and fire that caused extensive
damage to the residence.
Fairview and City of Poughkeepsie firefighters responded at 4:35 p.m. on Tuesday to find the damage, smoke and flames. The fire was extinguished within an hour.
Investigators ruled the explosion accidental from the leak and the Town of Poughkeepsie Building Department determined the structure to be unsafe.
One occupant of the home sustained minor injuries and was treated at the scene. There were no injuries to emergency responders.