Nine family members evacuated with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning


CHESTNUT RIDGE – Nine members of a family, ranging in ages from one-week to 42-years-old, were evacuated from a residence at 7 Beckett Court in the Village of Chestnut Ridge just before 6:30 a.m. on Thursday.
They reported suffering symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning including headaches, nausea and dizziness.
Everyone was immediately removed from the house and attended to by medical personnel from Rockland Paramedic Services, Hatzolah Ambulance Corps and Faist Volunteer Ambulance Corps. They were brought to Westchester Medical Center for treatment with Ramapo Town Police saying there appears to be no life-threatening illnesses sustained.
The cause of the carbon monoxide leak is under investigation. 

Popular Stories