Nine family members evacuated with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning


CHESTNUT RIDGE – Nine members of a
family, ranging in ages from one-week to 42-years-old, were evacuated
from a residence at 7 Beckett Court in the Village of Chestnut Ridge just
before 6:30 a.m. on Thursday.

They reported suffering symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning including
headaches, nausea and dizziness.

Everyone was immediately removed from the house and attended to by medical
personnel from Rockland Paramedic Services, Hatzolah Ambulance Corps and
Faist Volunteer Ambulance Corps. They were brought to Westchester Medical
Center for treatment with Ramapo Town Police saying there appears to be
no life-threatening illnesses sustained.

The cause of the carbon monoxide leak is under investigation.


Popular Stories