MID-HUDSON VALLEY – Winter is definitely on the way as temperatures drop and rain turns to snow in the northern and northwestern portions of the region.
Snow was expected to mix with rain in northern Orange County and beyond and northwestern Sullivan County was reporting snow by early Thursday evening.
The consumer affairs bureau of the Ulster County District Attorney’s Office is offering some tips for consumers to consider when looking for professionals to clear their driveways.
- Get estimates
- Get a written contract
- Ask about scheduling since some contractors do snowplowing as a part-time job
- Ask about insurance in the event of property damage
- Avoid large up-front deposits
- Ask for and contact references
- Call the Ulster County Consumer Affairs Bureau at 845-340-3260 for complaint history/resolution information.