TOWN OF POUGHKEEPSIE – Fire broke out late this afternoon at Star Gas on Fulton Street in the Town of Poughkeepsie.
The structure involved was a garage, not the company offices. Vehicles and propane gas canisters were reported to be inside.
No one was in the building when the fire broke out.
Firefighters from Fairview, Arlington, Poughkeepsie, Roosevelt, LaGrange, New Hamburg and Hughsonville departments are the scene of the two-alarm call.
Also on the scene of the smokey fire are Town of Poughkeepsie Police, Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office and Mobile Life Support Services ambulance.
Dutchess County Fire Cause and Origin Team are investigating.
The street is closed between Fulton and Fairview until further notice.
Watch video. Click link below: