Arlington fire linked to clothes dryer


TOWN OF POUGHKEEPSIE – A basement fire believed to have started as a result of a mechanical failure of an electric clothes dryer was contained to the area Sunday afternoon. Arlington firefighters were called to a single-family house at 41 Edgewood Drive in the Town of Poughkeepsie at about 4:46 p.m.
The fire was quickly contained and the structure sustained limited smoke and water damage, said Fire Chief Tory Gallante.
One occupant was able to leave the building before firefighters arrived. One civilian was evaluated by paramedics, but was not taken to the hospital. No other injuries were reported.
Area fire departments, town and Dutchess County emergency response agencies assisted at the scene.