Cause of fatal mobile home fire identified


ARLINGTON – The mobile home fire that
claimed the life of a resident at 67 Old Manchester Road in the Arlington
section of the Town of Poughkeepsie Sunday evening was started by the
failure of an electrical extension cord. That determination came following
an investigation on Monday, Arlington Fire Chief Tory Gallante said.

The two-alarm fire was called in around 7 p.m. and when firefighters arrived
on the scene minutes later, they pulled an unconscious person out. The
victim was rushed to MidHudson Regional Hospital where the person was
pronounced dead.

Firefighters were able to prevent the flames from spreading to adjacent
mobile homes and a vehicle.