37.7 F
Newburgh
Thursday, January 21, 2021

Community

Letter to the Editor: Marijuana industry could create financial opportunity for thousands

Dear Editor: I need to preface this with I'm a capitalist and that I'm not advocating for the breakup of existing industries but the marijuana industry...

Junior League helps mission of Dutchess Outreach

POUGHKEEPSIE – The Junior League of Poughkeepsie has collected donations on behalf of Dutchess Outreach for their "Operation Holiday Box" initiative. Dutchess Outreach acts as...

Hudson Valley native assumes new role in military

DALLAS - Army Lt. Col. Matthew Cox has arrived for duty as a military assistant to the director/CEO with the Army And Air Force...

Poughkeepsie Galleria hours to change in new year

TOWN OF POUGHKEEPSIE– Effective January 2, 2021, the Poughkeepsie Galleria will operate under new hours of operation.  Mall officials say that the change in...

Letter to the Editor: Shooting range bad for the neighborhood

Dear Editor: It has come to my attention that the Dutchess County Sheriff's Office and the Camp Nooteeming Boy Scout Camp are in discussion to...

Schmitt submits input on upcoming DEC deer management plan

WASHINGTONVILLE - Assemblyman Colin Schmitt (R, New Windsor) Co-chair of the Legislative Sportsmen’s Caucus, has provided input on the development of the State Department...

Poughkeepsie Mayor Rob Rolison’s Report

POUGHKEEPSIE - Mayor Rob Rolison discusses the issues affecting the City of Poughkeepsie with Mid-Hudson News Publisher Hank Gross. Listen in:

Santa is coming to Chadwick Lake Park

TOWN OF NEWBURGH - Santa and Mrs. Claus are welcoming visitors to Chadwick Lake Park on Friday, December 4, from 5:00 pm to 7:30...

Letter to the Editor: Rapid COVID testing helps assisted living facilities

During the first wave of COVID-19 in the spring of this year, Assisted Living communities across New York State reacted swiftly and comprehensively to...

City police hosting winter wonderland tonight

POUGHKEEPSIE - The City of Poughkeepsie Police Department is hosting a drive-through "Winter Wonderland" today from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the Public...

POPULAR STORIES