WHITE PLAINS – Westchester County has introduced its Rider Smartphone app, called Bee-Line ParaTransit, that will allow riders to access ParaTransit service online, or through a mobile app on your smart phone. The transition comes with many technology enhancements including the ability to book a ParaTransit trip in advance, receive real-time text message or call updates about your ride, or plan a trip for the future.
“This is exciting news for Westchester County’s ParaTransit community, and we are always looking for new ways to provide improvements that make our system easier and more convenient for our riders. Stay tuned for more exciting updates about our Bee-Line ParaTransit app,” said County Executive George Latimer.
“This new system will continue to provide new enhancements for easier access and improved on time performance for our ridership,” Evan Latainer, director of the county Office for People with Disabilities.
The Bee-Line ParaTransit Smart Phone App provides riders with a number of enhancements.
Rider Smart Phone App:
- Receive a text message or automated phone call 10 minutes prior to your vehicle arriving for your pick-up
- Receive real-time notification to view your vehicle’s location on a live map
- Allow the rider to manage their trip on the day of service, and book future trips.
- Online reservation portal will allow you manage your trips, and book your future trips.
Pickup Time Window:
- Riders will receive an automated phone call the night before your trip, with a 30-minute pickup window.
Booking Trips with an Arrival or Appointment Time:
- The software will provide a 30-minute windowfor the vehicle to arrive at the designated pickup location.
- The rider will receive a text message or automated call ten minutes prior to the vehicle arriving for pickup.
- Riders will be able to use vehicle tracking and receive real-time updates through the Bee-Line ParaTransit Mobile App the day of the trip.
To find out more information visit our website, contact the Office for People with Disabilities at (914) 995-2958 or the ParaTransit office at (914) 995-2874.