MONTICELLO – The Sullivan County Recruitment and Retention Task Force has announced a number of RECRUIT NY initiatives this coming weekend.
“We are moving forward with a lot of positive energy,” said County Fire Coordinator John Hauschild, who sits on the task force with Deputy Fire Coordinator Charlie Rampe, Summitville Fire Chief Robert Hufcut, Rock Hill Fire Chief Brian Soller, White Lake Fire Chief Brendon Cunningham, Mamakating Town Justice Terry Mullen from the Sullivan County Volunteer Firefighters Association, and Jill Holland from the Fire Districts Association of Sullivan County.
“We formed this group to help the fire service of Sullivan County increase membership – and keep those members – for the benefit and safety of the communities we serve,” said Hauschild.
To that end, the Task Force is launching a new Facebook page, Join Sullivan County Fire, and a new Instagram page, @joinsullivanfire, along with a direct email: email@example.com.
A number of Sullivan County fire departments are also holding open houses this weekend for anyone interested in the fire service, equipment and/or volunteering:
- Grahamsville Fire Department – Saturday, April 24, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., 205 Main Street, Grahamsville
- Loch Sheldrake Fire Department – Saturday, April 24, and Sunday April 25, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., 1280 State Route 52, Loch Sheldrake
- Long Eddy Fire Department – Sunday, April 25, 8-11 a.m., 4 Church St., Long Eddy
- Woodridge Fire Department – Sunday, April 25, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., 2 Dairyland Rd, Woodridge
- Fallsburg Fire Department – Sunday, April 25, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., 10 Railroad Plaza, South Fallsburg
- Mountaindale Fire Department – Saturday, May 8, 2021 at the Mountaindale Street Fair