ALBANY – Ski resorts across the state may reopen beginning November 6, Governor Cuomo announced on Sunday.
They must follow a number of precautions.
- Masks required at all times, except when eating/drinking or skiing.
- Social distancing between parties required at all times.
- Restrict gondolas/lifts to members of the same party.
- Limit ski lessons to no more than 10 people.
- Thorough cleaning and disinfection of shared/rented equipment.
- Shuttles, food & beverage, retail service must conform to State-issued guidance.
- Reduce outdoor capacity on the mountain by 25% during “peak” days or if multiple trails are closed due to unseasonable conditions.
The positivity rate of new COVID-19 cases in red-zone clusters was down on Saturday compared to Friday numbers. In the Rockland County the red-zone focus area, the rate declined from 5.05 percent to 2.22 percent. In Orange County, the positive rate declined from 6.47 percent to1.04 percent.