Poughkeepsie fire displaces three

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on email
Email
Share on print
Print

TOWN OF POUGHKEEPSIE – Arlington firefighters were dispatched to a fire at an apartment in Canterbury Gardens on Saturday that displaced three residents.

Arlington Fire Chief Bill Steenbergh said a kitchen fire, caused by unattended cooking, has been deemed “accidental” by the Arlington Fire District Investigation team.  The fire was contained to the kitchen and was controlled in approximately five minutes.

Occupants of neighboring apartments were temporarily evacuated and allowed to return after the fire was extinguished.  Chief Steenbergh said “The Red Cross is assisting the three occupants that were displaced from the apartment where the fire was located.”

The City of Poughkeepsie fire department and Mobile Life Support Services assisted at the scene, along with the Town of Poughkeepsie police.  The Roosevelt, New Hamburg, and Pleasant Valley fire departments were on standby.