POUGHKEEPSIE – Dutchess County Clerk Bradford Kendall announces the Wappinger DMV will resume in-person license, permits and non-driver ID transactions on July 13 by appointment only. The Wappinger DMV location is 29 Marshall Road, Hollowbrook Park #3, Wappingers Falls, NY 12590.
Accepted license transactions include:
- Standard, REAL ID and Enhanced License renewals and transfers from out of state
- First time applications to upgrade to REAL ID or Enhanced licenses or non-driver ID cards
- First time applications for non-driver Identification Cards
- Applications Learner’s or CDL permits for Dutchess County residents only
- Conditional or Restricted Licenses
Also, drop-boxes are now available at the Poughkeepsie DMV, 22 Market Street, Poughkeepsie, Beacon DMV, 223 Main St, Beacon and Wappinger DMV, 29 Marshall Road, Hollowbrook Park #3, Wappingers Falls. Acceptable transactions for the drop-boxes are license plate surrenders, title only, new registrations, plate transfers and registration renewals.
Starting on Friday, July 10, appointments for the Wappinger DMV office may be made by calling 845-298-4623 from 9 a.m. to 12 noon and 1 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
The following guidelines apply for access to the buildings:
- All visitors must enter the building via the front doors. The outside doors will remain locked until 9 am.
- Visitors will be required to sanitize their hands at the sanitizer station.
- All visitors must check-in at the front desk.
- Visitors are to wear a face covering in order to enter the building and continue to wear it within the building unless directed otherwise by staff. Disposable face coverings will be available upon request (while supplies last). Visitors who will not wear a face covering may be asked to make an appointment for a later date.
- Anyone who is late to an appointment beyond 5 minutes forfeits their appointment slot.
- Visitors and staff are to maintain 6’ of social distance when appropriate.
For more information on vehicle registrations, please visit www.dutchessny.gov/countyclerk.
The Poughkeepsie DMV continues to operate by appointment only for licenses, permits and non-driver ID transactions. The phone number for appointments in Poughkeepsie is 845-486-2388 between 9 am and 4:45 pm.
The Millbrook and Beacon DMV offices remain closed to the public at this time.
Pawling DMV is closed permanently.
All road tests are scheduled through New York State DMV. Information is here: https://dmv.ny.gov/schedule-road-test
For general information use this link: https://dmv.ny.gov/
The Legal Division of the Dutchess County Clerk’s Office is open to the public for routine transactions; however, we continue to urge you to use e-Recording (https://www.dutchessny.gov/Departments/County-Clerk/eRecording-Land-Documents.htm) and e-Filing (https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/HomePage) in order to minimize office interactions.
- The U.S PASSPORT AGENCY advises that processing is on a very limited basis with no expedited services available. For more information visit: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/passport-agencies.html
- We will continue to receive allowable court filings through the NYSCEF filing system. For more information on permissible filings please visit: https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/HomePage
- We also continue to accept permissible court filings through the mail. For more information, please visit: http://ww2.nycourts.gov/courts/9jd/emergency.shtml
- We also accept land records through the mail or via our electronic portal: https://www.dutchessny.gov/Departments/County-Clerk/eRecording-Land-Documents.htm
The second floor Record Room is open Monday through Friday from 9-5 PM for title searching and other research/requisition needs. Facial covering is required in the Record Room and in the County Office Building public areas. If you have questions or an emergency, please call 845-486-2120 or for more information, please visit www.dutchessny.gov/countyclerk .
# # #