ALBANY – In-person courthouse operations are set to resume in Columbia and Greene counties and the remainder of the Capital Region on Tuesday, May 26, Chief Judge Janet DiFiore and Chief Administrative Judge Lawrence Marks announced on Wednesday.
Courthouse areas that will be used in this first phase include judges’ chambers, clerks’ offices and back offices.
Physical distancing and other steps restricting courthouse traffic will be enforced to protect the health and safety of judges and staff, attorneys, litigants and members of the public, including:
- Non-employee court visitors will be required to undergo COVID-19 screening before entering the courthouse.
- Anyone entering the courthouse will be required to wear a mask.
- All staff who interact with court visitors must wear a mask.
- Courtroom and other areas will be carefully marked to ensure proper physical distancing.
- Court facilities will be regularly sanitized.
- Acrylic barriers, hand sanitizer dispensers and other safety features will be installed in courthouse areas as needed.