Man burned rescuing his birds from house fire

Photo by Michael Amato

PORT JERVIS – A resident of a home at 210 New Ball Street in the City of Port Jervis sustained burns as he brought pet birds out of his burning home Wednesday evening.  The man’s injuries were slight, according to neighbors who stood on their lawns nearby. The resident, who lived alone in the house, declined transport to the hospital for treatment.

The two-alarm fire brought all Port Jervis units to the scene at approximately 7:45 p.m. Wednesday evening where firefighters remained past 10 p.m.

Photo by Bill Conklin


A cause and exact location of the origin of the fire were not immediately available.