Custodian has shocking experience at Carmel High


CARMEL – A custodian repairing a toaster oven in the kitchen of Carmel High School Friday was ‘zapped’ by a 220-volt outlet necessitating the services of emergency providers.

The Putnam 9-1-1 Dispatch Center notified Carmel Volunteer Ambulance Corps personnel of an “electrocution” at the Fair Street campus.

EMT’s responded along with a paramedic from the EM STAR Ambulance Company and the Carmel High School resource officer and found the unidentified victim who, according to Sheriff Robert Langley, “walked to the ambulance under his own power and was taken to Putnam Hospital Center where he was evaluated before being discharged.”

Carmel Superintendent Andy Irvin said the maintenance worker was “fine.”



Get Email Updates

* indicates required