Blaze destroys Campbell Hall home


Mark Lieb, Rockland Video Productions

CAMPBELL HALL – A fire that is believed to have started in a chimney destroyed a house at 71 Everett Road off Scotchtown Road in Campbell Hall on Saturday afternoon. No one was home at the time the fire broke out. It was called in by a neighbor, fire officials said. No one was injured.
Firefighters were met with flames shooting from the room and black smoke billowing into the sky when they arrived around 3:30 p.m. The smoke could be seen from five miles away.
Firefighters from throughout Orange County braved the extremely cold temperatures to fight the blaze for three hours.