Fire burned through the roof
NANUET – Fire, believed to have started in the kitchen of a restaurant,
damaged the eatery on Saturday night.
The 7 p.m. blaze sent flames through the roof at Fortune Garden Restaurant
at 211 West Route 59 in Nanuet. Firefighters from Nanuet, Pearl River
and Spring Valley fire departments extinguished the fire.
All customers and employees were evacuated with no injuries reported.
Clarkstown Police said it appears the fire started as a grease fire and
spread into the ventilation system.