Today I’d like to talk about: Are you keeping your website fresh and up to date?
Probably the most important marketing tool your company has today, is your website. The web has become your online portfolio where your prospects and clients check out your company to get information of your services. Now that being said, just like any other marketing tool, there are professional websites and there are amateur sites. It is becoming more and more important to present your company web presence in the best possible light. It will keep your site visitors coming back.
Now how do you keep your website fresh. Here are some of my suggestions.
- Make sure the content in your site is an accurate reflection of what your company does and is visitor friendly. Sometimes less information is better than more.
- Nothing looks worse than a “What’s New” section that hasn’t been updated since 2004. Keeping your site fresh and functioning effectively as a business tool is critical. It also will help your company rankings in search engines.
- Make sure you let the public in on what’s going on. And with new technology coming out, it’s hard to stay ahead of the crowd. If you write articles or newsletters make sure you post them on your site or on your blog, and change them every month or two.
- Make sure (if you’re selling something) you always have the latest merchandise. It will keep your site visitors coming back.
- Hire a web developer to do your regular updates. Someone who specializes in website maintenance, SEO (search engine optimization) is a key.
Remember your website is your online portfolio to the world. Be proud of your online presence. You work hard, so have your website also work hard for you.