KINGSTON – A child predator identification and enforcement operation in Ulster County has resulted in eight arrests earlier this month. Sheriff Paul VanBlarcum said it is an ongoing investigation.
All eight solicited an arrangement to have sex with a minor child but were met by undercover police officers instead.
- Eric Decker, 42, of Kingston, charged with attempted criminal sexual act and attempted disseminating indecent material to minors, both felonies
- Michael Sweeney, 51, of Kingston, charged with attempted criminal sexual act as a felony
- Ian Troxell, 38, of Woodstock, charged with attempted criminal sexual act as a felony
- Michael Minnerly, 19, of Clinton Corners, charged with attempted rape as a felony
- Travis Sammeth, 34, of Newburgh, charged with attempted criminal sexual act as a felony
- Elroy Gould III, 46, of Unionville, charged with attempted rape, attempted criminal sexual act, both as felonies, and patronizing a prostitute
- Joseph Simon, 36, of Kingston, charged with attempted criminal sexual act as a felony
- Dana Tompkins, 59, of Rhinebeck, charged with felony attempted rape
The investigation involved The Ulster County Sheriff’s Office, FBI Child Exploitation Task Force, Town of Ulster Police, the Ulster Regional Gang Enforcement Narcotics Team, and State Police.
Copyright © 2018
Mid-Hudson News Network, a division of Statewide News Network, Inc.
This story may not be reproduced in any form, by any media, without express written consent.
This includes rewriting, broadcasting and/or printing of material from MidHudsonNews.com,
by websites, radio
television stations, newspapers or other media