Tuesday, September 11, 2018

  WXPort  

 

Persistent Monticello felon could spend the rest of his life in prison

Johnson

MONTICELLO – A Monticello man, who was convicted of felony burglary in November 2017, was sentenced on Friday, September 7 by Sullivan County Court Judge Frank LaBuda to 15 years to life in prison as a persistent felony offender.

District Attorney James Farrell said the proof at trial established that Angelo “Deon” Johnson, 41, illegally entered a room in a local motel where the victim was living and stole property that belonged to the victim.

Monticello Police investigated the case.

Farrell said his office asked the court to find that Johnson was a persistent felony offender or “three strikes” felon.

Johnson was previously convicted in 2008 in Sullivan County Court of criminal sale of a controlled substance as a felony for selling crack cocaine to an undercover state trooper. He was sentenced to five years in state prison. He was also previously convicted of felony endangering the welfare of a child in Middlesex County, New Jersey in 2003 for having sexual contact with an 11-year-old child and for which he was sentenced.

Farrell said Johnson’s criminal record, spanning the last 26 years, in addition to two felonies, consisting of 27 misdemeanor convictions including 11 petit larceny convictions, five assault convictions and convictions for obstructing governmental administration, criminal trespass, possession of burglar’s tools, resisting arrest, criminal mischief, criminal possession of a weapon and reckless endangerment.

 


Copyright © 2018 Mid-Hudson News Network, a division of Statewide News Network, Inc.
This story may not be reproduced in any form, by any media, without express written consent.
This includes rewriting, broadcasting and/or printing of material from MidHudsonNews.com,
by websites, radio and television stations, newspapers or other media

 

 


HEAR today's news on MidHudsonRadio.com, the Hudson Valley's only Internet radio news report.