Monday, January 8, 2018

 

 

 

Blaze destroys Campbell Hall home

Mark Lieb, Rockland Video Productions

CAMPBELL HALL – A fire that is believed to have started in a chimney destroyed a house at 71 Everett Road off Scotchtown Road in Campbell Hall on Saturday afternoon. No one was home at the time the fire broke out. It was called in by a neighbor, fire officials said. No one was injured.

Firefighters were met with flames shooting from the room and black smoke billowing into the sky when they arrived around 3:30 p.m. The smoke could be seen from five miles away.

Firefighters from throughout Orange County braved the extremely cold temperatures to fight the blaze for three hours.

 


Copyright © 2017 Mid-Hudson News Network, a division of Statewide News Network, Inc.
This story may not be reproduced in any form, by any media, without express written consent.
This includes rewriting, broadcasting and/or printing of material from MidHudsonNews.com,
by websites, radio and television stations, newspapers or other media

 

 


HEAR today's news on MidHudsonRadio.com, the Hudson Valley's only Internet radio news report.