Thursday, March 16, 2017

  WXPort  

  

Ashes from wood stove ignite Arlington garage fire

ARLINGTON – Improperly disposed of ashes from a woodstove are believed to be the cause of a fire in a garage at a house at 37 Slate Hill Drive in the Town of Poughkeepsie.

The fire was called in at 12:20 a.m. on Wednesday. Arlington firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire and prevent it from spreading to other areas of the home.

Four occupants, who were asleep in the house at the time were alerted by smoke detectors and escaped unharmed. There were no reports of injuries to civilians or emergency responders.

The structure sustained smoke damage and the residents were displaced as a result.

Assisting at the scene were Town of Poughkeepsie Police and Building departments, Central Hudson. The New Hamburg Fire Department relocated to Arlington on standby.

The fire was investigated by the Arlington Fire Investigation Division.

 


Copyright © 2017 Mid-Hudson News Network, a division of Statewide News Network, Inc.
This story may not be reproduced in any form, by any media, without express written consent.
This includes rewriting, broadcasting and/or printing of material from MidHudsonNews.com,
by websites, radio and television stations, newspapers or other media

 

 


HEAR today's news on MidHudsonRadio.com, the Hudson Valley's only Internet radio news report.