ALBANY – The state will spend $103 million to pave and repair 192 lane miles of state roads across the Hudson Valley this summer and fall. Work will be performed in the counties of Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster and Westchester.
The funds are part of a total $403.3 million for pavement improvements on close to 1,700 miles of roads in the state.
Paving and repair work will take place on the following roads:
- 23 miles on Interstate 684 from Interstate 84 in the town of Southeast, Putnam County, to Hardscrabble Road in the town of North Salem, Westchester County ($55.2 million)
- 18 miles on Interstate 684 from Route 172 to Harris Road in the town of Bedford, Westchester County ($6.5 million)
- 15 miles on the Saw Mill River Parkway from Grant Street to Roaring Brook Road in the towns of Mount Pleasant and New Castle, Westchester County ($4.4 million)
- 3.2 miles of Route 120 from Marcourt Drive to Route 133 in the town of New Castle, Westchester County ($900,000)
- 12.8 miles of Route 202 from Route 59 in the village of Suffern to Route 306 in the town of Ramapo, Rockland County, ($3.5 million)
- 14 miles on the Taconic State Parkway from Interstate 84 to Hortontown Road in the town of East Fishkill, Dutchess County, and the town of Kent, Putnam County ($4.4 million)
- 5 miles of Route 6 from Route 52 to Tilly Foster Road in the town of Carmel, Putnam County ($1.7 million)
- 4 miles on Route 9D from just north of Hudson Avenue to just north of Dogwood Lane and Route 376 from just south of Red Oaks Mill Road to Sheldon Drive in the towns of Fishkill and Lagrange, Dutchess County ($2 million)
- 28 miles on Route 17 between Arden Road and the Rockland county line in the town of Tuxedo, Orange County (an estimated $6.1 million)
- 10.5 miles on Route 302 between Routes 17K and 52 in the town of Crawford, Orange County ($3.8 million)
- 21.6 miles of Route 9W from Route 218 and Route 293 in the town of Highlands to Angola Road in Cornwall, Orange County ($4 million)
- 20.8 miles of the Taconic State Parkway from Willow Lane to Cold Spring Road in the towns of Clinton, Stanford, and Milan in Dutchess County ($6 million)
- 1.3 miles on Route 52 from west of Tamarack Road to Birchall Road in Wawarsing, Ulster County ($750,000)
- 3.6 miles of Route 209 from Route 52 in the village of Ellenville to the Rondout Creek in the town of Wawarsing in Ulster County ($1.2 million)
- 11.2 miles on Route 97 from Route 5S to County Route 23 in the town of Highland, Sullivan County ($3.3 million)
Copyright © 2017
Mid-Hudson News Network, a division of Statewide News Network, Inc.
This story may not be reproduced in any form, by any media, without express written consent.
This includes rewriting, broadcasting and/or printing of material from MidHudsonNews.com,
by websites, radio
television stations, newspapers or other media